Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Two new everyday greeting cards for the Gabriella Buckingham range

A short post this one. I did promise myself that I would do some designing yesterday and I'd written the words for these designs months ago.

newcards2

I am  pleased with the simplicity of one of them and the intricacy of the other. I hand drew the border for the one below with a dip pen before colouring the design in on the 'puter.

newcard1

In addition I have also finally realised how to make sure that for some designs I can print to the edge! I was trying desperately to configure my Canon printer to print without a white border. A few months ago I 'won' a great German guillotine in an ebay auction and I am simply carefully cutting individual cards down from 150 mm to 12.5mm. Genius eh. Takes me a Of course I have to be very careful with the lining up but a  little thing like this is a bit of a breakthrough!  I produce everything I make myself and knowing I can now do this makes me very happy. Of course as my business grows I will need to find a very good printer to replicate what I do but until then - sorted!

newcard3

If you can recommend a good printer of short digital runs in Norfolk, Suffolk, Lincs or Cambridgeshire please let me know.

Both these cards will be available on Etsy shortly.

7 comments:

  1. Love them! Love the colours, love the typeface :)
    What printer are you using? Is that heavy weight card stock you can print onto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire :) Yes, I use some card from GF Smith - its 300 gsm I think... and my printer is Canon Pro 9500 Mark ii. I order the card stock pre cut - if you contact them they can send you a sample pack for you to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Gabriella :) I have used printed.com - an online service based in Newcastle. Fast turnaround and good quality in my experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Sue! How are you getting on with the skillshare thing? I haven't started yet.. so much else to get on with. I am in awe with how often you post new things on your blog too.. imagine you probably have started :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made a start and I'm finding the Photoshop info really useful for pattern repeats. The blog posting can be a bit erratic, but I try and put something new on there as often as I can :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to have comments and read every one.. thank you!