I am a bit frazzled - Journey to Surtex 2015

 © Gabriella Buckingham

It's not easy trying to work towards a new goal and keep a business running too! This last week has been hard through lack of sleep (hormones and worrying) but I can only do my best. I have done some things I really love but finding time to pull them together as final products is another matter. If I were completely sensible I would have aimed at 2016 but this is going to be a great experience to build on. My goal is to create as much as I can until the end of March and pull everything together in April. I'm also having a new website built by Tia from Whoatemycrayons so I have a lot to prepare for that too. 

At the moment the process of making artwork is really quite scatter gun which is unnerving; anyone who knows me knows I have a lot of styles. There just isn't enough time to develop them all. I will just have to show the best of what I have got. Part of the reason I am pushing myself so hard is to find out what comes more naturally, what I really love and what is more of a struggle. I always thought I was a painter and that was that.. now I find I love scribbling little characters and colouring ideas in Illustrator - a package that I didn't even know what to do with a year or so ago. But it can get confusing. It's all very well having lots of ideas - then you have to choose from several mediums and then different computer packages to put it all together. Things were more straight forward 20 years ago! But not nearly as exciting :))


I am so glad I am going to Surtex as a collective ( with Cultivate Art - stand 222)  rather than on my own stand - that's something for a couple of years hence I think.


Here's one I have managed to finalise and it's available in my Etsy shop and my Notonthehighstreet.com one :) This year I reached 7000 sales in my Moobaacluck shop on Notonthehighstreet so there is a strong foundation there to build on when I get back to focussing on that for a while. 

Comments

  1. This invite looks lovely, Gaby. I really love your painterly style. Wishing you lots of luck with everything. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have nothing to worry about :). That invitation is really lovely. Best of luck with it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting sales can be tiring, both physically and mentally, especially if you’re juggling it with production and other stuff. But I am sure the rewards will be all worth the trouble. And it seems that you have made quite a following, judging from the number of sales you’ve had by then. Anyway, good luck with your business, and I hope you find the balance between creating new products and marketing them to your target audience. Cheers!

    Madeline Rice @ SEO Marketing Machine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to have comments and read every one.. thank you!

Popular Posts