Gems

I recently signed up to Seth Godin's blog and each day I am sent a gem, some more fathomable than others.

I like today's about decisions:

'.......Your job is to make decisions.

The thing is, the farmer who grows corn has no illusions about what his job is. He doesn't avoid planting corn or dissemble or procrastinate about harvesting corn. And he certainly doesn't try to get his neighbor to grow his corn for him.

Make more decisions. That's the only way to get better at it' - SETH GODIN

It's so easy to let yourself go around and around in circles when you have lots of options.

Another thought-provoking blog entry I encountered suggested that in order to plan your year, your life really, you should work out how you want to feel, rather than what you think you want. You can listen to Danielle La Porte's MP3 recording all about The Desire Map here.

Of course there are oodles of interesting  blogs at this time of the year, I bet you've come across some that make you think. Share some here if you like.. may be you've written one :)

I also had a think about three words to sum up my approach to the coming year : health, thoughtfulness, balance.

Happy New Year

sheringham wood

Comments

  1. It's great every now and then to get that little nudge and I like this idea of little gems of inspiration in the mailbox :) Will check out Seth's blog. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly food for thought Gabriella. Love your 3 words...one of mine would have to be balance too as I think this is so important in all aspects of life. Love your photo! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to have comments and read every one.. thank you!

Popular Posts