Lettering and old tins - the graphics of a bygone era

Image

I saw a wealth of old graphics today. I wonder how bright they would have been in their hey day?

ImageI love the contrast of this script and the simple block type beneath.

ImageSo glamourous this one. It makes me think of Busby Berkeley dance sequences, Hollywood and the 1930's.

Image

What interests me about this one is the price. This is a metal sign designed for longevity; prices must have gone up far more infrequently than they do these days.

Image

Now this one - while I like it - makes me laugh more than anything. Hope you see why!

You can see all these yourself at the Gressenhall Museum just outside Dereham in West Norfolk.

Comments

  1. I adore old packaging, tins etc too...lovely reminders of a bygone era when local shops were the hub of a community. Love the last one too ; ) everyone should have at least one counter shag in their lifetime...hee hee! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to have comments and read every one.. thank you!

Popular Posts