More forward planning needed

I seem to have missed the Mother's Day boat as far as products are concerned! I sold some cards, a couple of Yummy Mummy stars and hearts....and a chicken specifically for the occasion but other than that I certainly didn't notice a surge in orders - probably the opposite as people went elsewhere; !

Must focus now on last minute Easter orders and of course Father's day. The thing is I suppose that with Moobaacluck people tend to think - gifts for children rather than gifts from children..a perception that I need to change but of course children aren't the ones doing the buying.

If you like my style and know how I work you know I am willing to paint just about any wording you like on my shapes - profanities aside!!


I have been busy enough with other orders and the two great courses I've done this year so far. Very much looking forward to developing my brand further in light of the Flourish branding masterclass and designing lots of new surface pattern designs inspired by everything I have learnt with Rachael Taylor on her course.

This is one of my paintings that I cropped for use as a Mother's Day card and sold  yesterday at the local fair. Of course the style here is not strictly speaking Moobaacluck - not at all really! Which is the benefit of doing fairs - you can try new things and see if there is a market for different ranges etc.

This new Easter design, which I do feel fits Moobaacluck, sold out. So definitely one I'll be promoting in the next few weeks, a short opportunity! One year I will be ready - I will!!

You might notice the new branding on the back of the card.. Still a lot to do to incorporate this throughout my products. I do feel that the pale blue flower - rather than coral works best for my cards.




I also entered a competition this week and will let you know if anything comes of it. I don't hold out huge hope but am very glad I did at least try. I'd be over the moon if I was chosen. Wish now I had entered this design. I will be doing a surface pattern based on it soon. The actual painting is one I did about a year ago and came across it when clearing out my plans chest!

Slightly odd post this - more than a touch of "speak your brains" hereHope you enjoyed reading it though. I shall probably be back later as I feel on a blogging roll.

Comments

Popular Posts