Lazy lump with Country Living Magazine

I am currently being so lazy.. not really like me. I'm just worn out after being back at work for only 3.5 days, not sleeping well for the last two nights and having pmt. There always seems to be one day where my energy deserts me almost completely and my eyes feel heavy. Sitting here I can see so much that needs doing and looking at blogs and magazines only makes me brim with desire to move furniture and open trunks, reorganise and decorate. But that is a comment for my other blog about my home and garden that isn't really off the ground yet...



I bought Country Living (Feb issue) for the first time in ages today. I say "bought" because usually it arrives automatically on subscription as a Christmas present from my mother. She'd asked me if I wanted to have it continued and at the time I said no - not that I don't like it , it's just that I found myself simply flicking through it every month- enjoying the pictures but rarely reading much of it. Until the Kitchen Table awards started at the end of last year - loved reading about those and wish they'd been around a few years ago when i was starting Moobaacluck. Wonder if I can get away with entering to become an established painter? Somehow I doubt it as I have earned my living on and off through my paintbrush for couple of decades.




Anyway it is really lovely to read about other makers just starting out and the more established ones too from all walks of life. There's a chocolate maker in the February issue of CL, something else I've always fancied trying but only on a small scale and a silversmith jeweller too called Rauni Higson.


It's always fascinating to learn more about the working processes of small businesses.

I bought Country Homes and Interiors last month purely because of an article about a Derbyshire female blacksmith and the way she runs her business.  That's not a skill I will ever learn by the way but it was fantastic to see it shown as a contemporary business - particularly one run by a woman : Hayley Powell

I took the photos on my mobile phone - clearly I had to get out of bed to do it. Luckily for me my husband is about ferrying our daughter to a party this afternoon and making some soup while my son plays with his Moshlings infront of the fire. I managed to paint an order this morning, glitter and post two packs of postcards and do the weekly shop before a lazy couple of hours in bed so actually today has turned out quite well. Tomorrow I am going to do some real drawing for the first time in months.

Will I be brave enough to post any of them? I wonder... I suggested that we all sit down and draw each other around the table for half an hour - but you have to be fluid with a family don't you?!



Comments

  1. I meant to email you after you commented on my last post. You're always so upbeat and I really like getting your comments so I meant to say so and then in the usual way of life, or just me, I forgot to do it. I had the PMT thing too, but I looked like a pale vampire who badly craved chocolate, I like the idea of an afternoon in bed though.

    Completely agree about the mags, but I always find lots of pictures that inspire me and rip them to pieces to stuff in folders so I can make mags that interest me more. I really love reading about people who seem to have nailed it with their businesses.

    Tx to your husband to his technical way of doing a hexie. In the idea I cheated and found one to trace over.

    Have a good week.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are feeling the same as me! Bordering on being exhausted at the moment :( I bought loads of energy foods today to try regain some energy & it worked a bit but I'm going to bed early! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just to prove how tired I am- I forgot to say thank you for your lovely comment over at my blog! Deary me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to have comments and read every one.. thank you!

Popular Posts